't Nieuw Lijsternest' is a cozy Bruges style villa located in a quiet area, 8 km east of Brussels center, 6 km from the airport Zaventem, 4 km from the UCL (the university hospital), 2 km from the Brussels Ring O. The bus line N ° 76 connects with the Kraainem station of the Brussels metro (line 1B Stockel). The Brussels-Leuven express bus (De Lijn N ° 410) and the Zaventem-Groenendaal bus (De Lijn N ° 830) have a 'Stijn Streuvels' stop on the Astridlaan.
There are two comfortable rooms, one with equipped kitchenette and one with separate kitchen with accessories.
The bathroom with shower and toilet for guests is located on the 1st floor. The bed and
bath linen is included. There is also possibility for sauna.
The villa is located in the vicinity of the Sonian Forest (Tervuren) and the shopping center. There are 2 bikes. Breakfast is not compulsory. There is an indoor garden terrace.
Neat double room with TV, WIFI internet and equipped kitchenette.
Spacious cozy living room, Kitchen with accessories, cable TV, extra beds and internet connection.
Shower room with toilet for guests. Sauna is possible.
|Address: Stijn Streuvelsoord 4, Wezembeek-Oppem|
|Zip/Postal Code: 1970|
|Latitude/Longitude: 50.8378391 / 4.495791199999985|
|-||Nightly rate||Weekly rate||Monthly rate||Min. Stay||Change-over|
|Rate summary||€65 - €75||-||-||1 Nights||-|
|2018-10-05 - 2019-12-31 Room for 1||€65||-||-||-||1 Nights||-|
|2018-10-05 - 2019-12-31 Room for 2||€75||-||-||-||1 Nights||-|
|Price for: 2 Persons, Extra person price: € 20 /Person /Night|
“- Very quiet neighbourhood. I slept very well.
- Owners are a retired couple and they are both lovely people, with elegant manners and old-world courtesy. It felt like I was staying at my aunt and uncle's home.
- This is a true bed-and-breakfast. So, the house is their own home, which is beautifully decorated, with vintage Art-Deco furniture and real canvas paintings on the walls.
- Much better breakfast than what I do for myself at home: boiled egg, Gouda cheese, varied selection of breads, fruit. Perfectly brewed fresh coffee in unlimited quantity.
- The bathroom was private (not shared) for my own use.
- Convenient public transport: 10 minute walk to the n°39 tramway ("Ter Meeren" station). Then, from "Ter Meeren" to "Stockel" metro takes approx. 15 minutes.
- The lady cleaned my muddy shoes without my asking.
- Great value for money.”
“The guest house was wonderfully quirky and the lady who ran it marilke made us feel really at home. She is a retired opera singer and we were treated to her singing during the most wonderful breakfast - a real gem.
If you are looking for faceless comfort and standard bed and breakfast don't come here. If you want old-world charm then do!
We booked the double room with shower thinking we would have an en-suite so that was the only disappointment but actually a shared bathroom wasnt a deal breaker.
Breakfasts were excellent, hosts were wonderful - they even tried to lend us cycles but sadly someone had attached a child buggy and the gears didnt work
And yes I'd stay here again”
“From the moment we arrived we were made so very welcome and our host engaged my tired kids showing them items around the house that amused and delighted them. Every possible provision was made and available for us. As a mum travelling with kids this was so wonderful. Our host clearly understands families and anticipated everything. The beds were comfy with lovely soft sheets and duvets. I enquired in advance if a gluten free breakfast was possible. A wonderful spread was laid for us with a variety of options; breads, jams, nuts, meat, cheese, eggs. I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful stay on my long journey. So grateful to the host for her kindness and thoughtfulness. ”